Monday, June 18, 2007

Before Sunrise - Another Type of Fight

Celine: But you know what? I don't think it really matters what generation your are born into. Look at my parents. They were these angry, young May'68 people revolting against everything. The government, their conservative Catholic background. Then I was born not long after and then my father went on to became this successful architect and we begin to travel all around the world were he build bridges and towers and stuff. I mean, I really can't complain about anything. They loved me more than anything in the world and I've been raised with all the freedom they fought for. And yet for me now, it's another type of fight. We still have to deal with the same old shit, but we can't really know who, or what, the enemy is.

Jesse: I don't know if there really is an enemy. Everybody's parents fucked them up. Rich kid's parents gave them too much. Pour kid's, not enough. Too much attention, not enough attention. They either left them or stuck around and taught them the wrong things.

(Extracted from the movie: Before Sunrise at 00:32:52 hh:mm:ss)

No comments: